Monday, September 15, 2008

Movie this weekend - "Atonement"

This movie set during the war times in London, started really slow and dull. With characters speaking the perfect Brit English (and no subtitles), I had to watch it with all my concentration. In normal circumstances, if the movie doesn't grip me in the first 5-10 minutes and if there are not many familiar faces, I would prefer watching TV, but as I had kept Kiran's VCD for too long, I thought I should give it a try as he recommended it and I am glad I didn't give it a miss.

I literally forced myself to sit through the first half an hour and then the movie began to take serious turns and atlast caught my interest. This is the story of an aspiring writer - Briony Tallis, a 13 year old girl, who changes the course of her sister and sister's lover's life by accusing him of a crime he never committed, with a stupid and blind assumption. It's about how she tries to seek atonement by trying her best to make up for the damage caused by her.

Watch it for its story, style of narration, the performances and ofcourse for its hard-hitting climax, which is sure to leave a lump in your throat.

Check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atonement_(film) for detailed info on the movie.

No comments: