Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Movie last weekend - Buddhivanta

Buddhivanta starring Upendra, Pooja Gandhi, Suman Ranganath with 3 other heroines. My rating - ***1/2

The last 2 kannada movies we(my movie gang) watched before this was Moggina Manasu and Taj Mahal. Though the storylines are not similar, both had similar messages for the youth. Moggina Manasu is about 4 different teenage girls and Taj Mahal is about guy who is madly and foolishly in love with a girl. Thanks to these movies we ended up feeling guilty for not giving our best to studies during college times. So, I recommended these movies to all the youngsters studying out there.

What I am trying to say is, after such serious dosages from these 2 movies, it was a welcome relief watching a mindless comedy with Upendra in the lead. Though I am never in favour of watching remakes and not a hard-core Uppi fan, I decided to give it a try as recommended by http://bellitere.com/budhdhivanta-movie-review.html#moviereview (their reviews have never let me down so far), afterall there must be something about Uppi as he has such huge fan following..! (Not that this is the first Uppi movie I have seen, like most women I disliked him in A but liked his performance in Rakta Kanneeru.)

Uppi is the whole and soul of this movie and he doesnt disappoint you a bit. I haven't seen the original but I can bet that no one could have done justice to these roles as much as Uppi. Not once, did he overplay or underplay any act, he was just perfect. With his witty lines (dialogues written by him), body language, costumes, hairstyles and the ease with which he portrayed different characters, Uppi left everyone in splits..!! He entertains you by making a complete fool of himself. I really missed watching this complete masala movie with the locals in a local theatre. The sophisticated multiplex audience are no fun at all..! Whenever Uppi gave a grand entry on screen (a la Anil Kapoor in Welcome) I wish I knew to whistle, there was nobody else whistling in there:-(.

I recommend this movie to everyone for some mindless laughs. Great, if you are a Uppi fan already, if not you will become one! If you can ignore the climax of the movie (girls esp., as it is anti-women) and just focus on Uppi and his dialogues, its a complete paisa-vasool..



2 comments:

Dharanesh said...

I completely agree with her. Uppi is the whole and the soul of this movie. The best part of her blog is that she writes exactly what she feel about the movie. U can always go by her words. She explains what’s there and what was missing. After reading her comments you can judge for yourself weather its your type of movie or not.

chandru said...

Amused to find Mukhbir in your all time favorites list :)